Peggy Lamb – Release the Iliopsoas: Strategies to Stop the Pain in as Little as 4-6 Sessions
Archive : Peggy Lamb – Release the Iliopsoas: Strategies to Stop the Pain in as Little as 4-6 Sessions Digital Download
Salepage : Peggy Lamb – Release the Iliopsoas: Strategies to Stop the Pain in as Little as 4-6 Sessions
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Peggy Lamb
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Nov 01, 2019
THE ROLE OF THE ILIOPSOAS IN LOW BACK AND PELVIS HEALTH
- Anatomy of the iliopsoas
- Role of the iliopsoas in joint centration
- Case and prevention of low back pain as related to the iliopsoas
HOW BEST TO TREAT THE ILIOPSOAS
- Importance of client education and safety
- Muscle Swimming – unique combination of several manual therapies
- Positional Release: a safe alternative to direct palpation
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET
- Case Studies
ASSESSMENT TESTS FOR THE ILIOPSOAS – LAB
- How to best test for short psoas
- How to best test for pelvic rotation
- Positional release for short psoas
- MET corrections for pelvic rotation
- Demo and Practice: examination for short psoas and pelvic rotations
STRATEGIES FOR THE SECONDARY THIGH FLEXORS – LAB
- Identification of common trigger points in secondary thigh flexors
- Palpation of secondary thigh flexors
- Demo and Practice: techniques to release secondary thigh flexors
STRATEGIES FOR THE ILIOPSOAS – LAB
- Identification of common trigger points in the iliopsoas
- Palpation of the iliopsoas
- How to best “swim” through abdominal muscles
- Demo and Practice: techniques to release the iliopsoas
Peggy Lamb, MA, LMT, BCTMB Related seminars and products: 4
PEGGY LAMB, MA, LMT, BCTMB, has been practicing massage since 1986 and is certified through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. She currently owns a private massage and movement therapy business, where she practices when she’s not touring the country speaking.
Ms. Lamb received her initial training at the New Mexico Academy of Massage and Advanced Healing Arts in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and at Wellness Skills, Inc., in Dallas, Texas. She taught clinical anatomy and physiology, trigger point therapy, and Swedish techniques at Wellness Skills, Inc., in Dallas and at Texas Healing Arts Institute in Austin.
In addition to her extensive training in massage therapy, Ms. Lamb holds a master’s degree in dance from American University in Washington, DC, where the concepts to body movement have been instrumental in her work with the core and low back. She also teaches dance and yoga and is a personal trainer.
She is the author of Releasing the Rotator Cuff, The Core of the Matter: Releasing the Iliopsoas and Quadratus Lumborum, and Stretch Your Clients: The Bodyworker’s Guide to Client Table Stretches. Ms. Lamb brings her eclectic and extensive background into her teaching for an enlightening and enjoyable learning experience.
Financial: Peggy Lamb maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Peggy Lamb has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
More from Categories : Health & Fitness