Mindfulness Techniques – A Valuable Tool in The Therapist’s Toolbox – Ana Hernando
Patients on extended use of pain medications are looking to you for faster results to reduce their pain and increase their functional ability, thus increasing the interest in alternative treatments.
As interest in drug-free pain and anxiety management increases and reimbursement rates for treatment decrease, the research on neuroplasticity and mindfulness to improve patient’s outcomes has come to the forefront.
Learn how mindfulness techniques can be a powerful and valuable tool in your toolbox for helping patients increase awareness and decrease limitations on functional gains, including guidance for appropriate documentation.
- Define key concepts of an integrative functional approach to practice
- Describe strategies for implementing mindfulness techniques in treatment sessions
- Explain how to document clinical applications of mindfulness techniques
The role of neuroplasticity in therapy
- Integrative medicine and neuroplasticity: what we thought we knew and we now know.
- 7 concepts to maximize neuroplasticity
Strategies to integrate mindfulness into therapeutic practice
- Mindfulness: what it is and what it isn’t
- Features, advantages, benefits, and results to utilizing mindfulness techniques in practice
- Psychosomatic symptoms
- The role stress plays in therapy progress
- Mindfulness techniques and supporting research
- Educating patients, clients and physicians
Documentation of mindfulness approaches