- 138 (Registered)
Margaret Wehrenberg – The New Era of Anxiety: Helping Clients Navigate Stress, Fear, Loss & Grief During Turbulent Times
Archive : Margaret Wehrenberg – The New Era of Anxiety: Helping Clients Navigate Stress, Fear, Loss & Grief During Turbulent Times Digital Download
Salepage : Margaret Wehrenberg – The New Era of Anxiety: Helping Clients Navigate Stress, Fear, Loss & Grief During Turbulent Times
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Margaret Wehrenberg
- Approx. 6 Hours
- Mar 24, 2021
In today’s world where the only norm seems to be that things are ever-changing, the stress we and our clients are feeling is skyrocketing. And in the absence of anchors like familiarity and routine, symptoms of anxiety and depression are amplified.
Family rifts, financial strain, fears about health, economic strife, systemic racism, and grief are just a few of the compounded and pervasive challenges clients are facing today. Fueled by 24/7 news and other media exposure, ambient anxiety is real and rampant—for everyone.
So how do you, the clinician, effectively treat clients while you’re simultaneously navigating your own stress, fear, loss, and grief?
Watch anxiety and depression expert and author, Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, as she builds on her 10 Best Ever Treatment Techniques to give you a complete set of new interventions to help you skillfully work with your client’s most difficult, recurring or unearthed anxieties.
You will learn strategies to help your clients:
- Apply logic effectively to illogical anxiety
- Cope with panic and fear when threats are real
- Address sadness, grief and loss – they think it’s depression but it’s not!
- Restore meaning and purpose in day-to-day life through routine and ritual
- Define anchor points and boundary setting when time is blurred
- Manage guilt, jealousy, disappointment, and perceptions
- Discern between anxiety and unacknowledged grief
- Apply remedies for the new stresses of a work from home life
What’s more, you’ll also learn proven techniques to defray the toll teletherapy takes on your energy and emotional wellbeing.
Do not miss this opportunity to gain these unbeatable anxiety and depression techniques to help your clients reclaim joy even when they feel the sand is shifting under their feet.
The “Toxic Fog” of Ambient Anxiety
- Limit how the “toxic fog” of bad news intensifies anxiety
- Relieve exposure to persistent worry that intensifies existing generalized anxiety
- Existential anxiety that emerges from threatening conditions
Apply Logic Effectively to Illogical Anxiety: New Must-Have Techniques
- “Worry Well and Only Once” to reduce fear
- “ Transfer Worry to Another Person” to shift attention
- “The 3 Control Questions” to address control
- “ Ditch Your Dread and Stop the Plunge” to avert despair
- “Predict, Prepare, and Plan” to prevent panic
- “ Move Your Body, Move Your Mind” to stay grounded
- And more!
Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) During Uncertain Times
- Differentiate GAD from predictable worry,
- OCD or depressive rumination
- Techniques for extreme cautiousness and containing worry
- Coping strategies for isolation, loneliness, and separation
Depression as a Mask for Grief and Disappointment and What to do about it
- It’s not depression… It’s sadness, grief and loss
- Address the disappointment of missed opportunities and life events
- How to recreate ceremonies and rituals to heal grief and loss
- Help clients process grief without closure after the loss of a loved one
Treating Parental Anxiety Related to New Stressors
- Correct for the blur of time due to loss of anchor points of schedules and routines
- Manage guilt, jealousy and perceptions created by constant social media exposure
- Help parents cope with expectations due to virtual learning and working from home
Teletherapy’s Impact on Therapist Anxiety and Well-Being
- Zoom fatigue – It is real! Combat the neurobiological stress of processing video conferencing
- Healthy boundary setting to manage your level of energy
- What to do when you, the therapists, is feeling the same emotional stresses as your clients
- Limitations of the Research & Potential Risks
Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D. Related seminars and products: 15
Wehrenberg and Associates
Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., a licensed clinical psychologist, is the author of nine books on the treatment of anxiety and depression, including her most recent e-book, Pandemic Anxiety: Fear, Stress, and Loss in Traumatic Times (January, 2021), best selling book, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques (W.W. Norton, 2018), and You Can Handle It: 10 Steps to Shift Stress from Problem to Possibility (PESI, 2017). She has also written a book for the general public, The 10 Best Anxiety Busters.
An expert on the treatment of anxiety and depression, she also has extensive training and expertise in the neurobiology of psychological disorders. In addition to clinical work, she coaches business professionals on managing anxiety and has contributed articles for the Psychotherapy Networker magazine. She has produced Relaxation for Tension and Worry, audio soundtracks for breathing, muscle relaxation and imagery to use with anxious clients. Margaret blogs on depression for Psychology Today. Noted for humor, pragmatic treatment approaches, and her interactive teaching style, Dr. Wehrenberg is a sought-after speaker for conferences and trainings, consistently getting the highest ratings for her dynamic presentation and high-quality content. She is one of PESI’s most highly rated speakers and her evaluation from the most seasoned professionals often rank her training “as among the best I have ever attended.”
Financial: Margaret Wehrenberg maintains a private practice. She is an author with W.W. Norton publishing and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Margaret Wehrenberg is a member of the American Psychological Association and the Anxiety Disorder Association of America.
More from Categories : Health & Fitness
If you cannot see your Curriculum then your Order is being processed. Please contact us to update your account.
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Support