- 138 (Registered)
Janina Fisher – 2-Day Intensive Workshop: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma
Archive : Janina Fisher – 2-Day Intensive Workshop: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma Digital Download
Salepage : Janina Fisher – 2-Day Intensive Workshop: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Janina Fisher
- 11 Hours 50 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 16, 2020
Because trauma lives in the body, traditional talk therapy cannot access the deeply rooted, pervasive wounds that complex trauma leaves behind. Many traumatized clients present with overlapping symptoms including self-hatred, self-alienation, addition, internal conflict, numbing or shame.
With these clients, you may constantly feel stuck treating surface-level symptoms or the “crisis of the week.” As a result, you are left overwhelmed and frustrated that you can never get to treating the trauma, despite your best efforts.
Go beyond symptom reduction and take your work with traumatized clients to a whole new level by implementing this transformational approach to trauma treatment.
Watch world-renowned complex trauma and attachment expert Janina Fisher in this intensive workshop recording. Her cutting-edge approach will shift your clinical perspective so you’ll see your client not as a traumatized whole person, but rather as fragmented pieces that are in need of healing.
Over the two days of this course, Janina will teach you to go beyond treating surface-level symptoms and give you the tools you need to look at trauma treatment through a whole new lens. Janina’s innovative approach integrates Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, and Ego State Therapy to get to the root of the problem where trauma can truly be processed.
Janina will teach you how to help clients struggling with suicidal and self-destructive impulses, loss of identity, and self-hatred caused by childhood trauma. You’ll walk away with the skills you need to help your fragmented and traumatized clients achieve self-compassion and acceptance of all aspects of self.
Through real-life, in-session videos, practical mindfulness exercises, and unique insight from the field of neuroscience, you’ll learn powerful strategies to use in your practice to overcome the devastating impacts of childhood abuse and repair childhood wounds.
Revolutionize the way you treat trauma!
|Manual – Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors (6.8 MB)||77 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Trauma & Attachment
- Neglect, abuse & attachment formation
- Traumatic attachment
- Early attachment & shaping attachment to self
- Internal attachment styles
Fragmentation an Adaption to Trauma
- Identify manifestations of self-alienation
- Recognize self-alienation as a survival strategy
- Split brain & conflicting defensive strategies
- Primary structural dissociation vs. secondary
- What to do when the parts highjack the body
- Repair internal attachments
- Help clients overcome the challenge of self-acceptance
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and Fragmentation
- Sensorimotor principles of treatment
- Prerequisites for successful treatment
- Mindfulness & psychoeducation
- Implications of procedurally learned patterns
- Autonomic adaptation
- Teach clients skills to regulate arousal
- Somatic resources for traumatic reactions
How the Parts Dominate:
- The questions trauma survivors don’t know to ask
- Unblending: step-by-step
- Sensorimotor approaches to unblending
Internal Family Systems:
Befriending our Parts
- Awaken an observer
- Help clients achieve distance from symptoms
- Decoding: identify parts
- Speak the language of parts to decrease phobia of traumatized parts
- Encourage self-leadership
Connecting One’s Parts for Inner Healing
- Recognize the role each part plays in survival
- Assist clients with learning to “ask inside”
- Facilitate internal communication
- What does each part need?
- Establish relationships with parts
- Cultivate empathy for the parts
- The befriending questions
From Alienation to Attachment
- Rupture & repair of internal attachment
- Provide missing experiences for parts
- Role of mentalization
- Requirements of integration
- What to do when clients get highjacked
- Utilize the Social Engagement system
Limitations of Research & Potential Risk
Janina Fisher, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 63
Janina Fisher, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and former instructor at The Trauma Center, a research and treatment center founded by Bessel van der Kolk. Known as an expert on the treatment of trauma, Dr. Fisher has also been treating individuals, couples and families since 1980.
She is past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, an EMDR International Association Credit Provider, Assistant Educational Director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, and a former Instructor, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Fisher lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on topics related to the integration of the neurobiological research and newer trauma treatment paradigms into traditional therapeutic modalities.
She is co-author with Pat Ogden of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Attachment and Trauma (2015) and author of Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation (2017) and the forthcoming book, Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma (in press).
Financial: Janina Fisher is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janina Fisher has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
More from Categories : Health & Fitness
If you cannot see your Curriculum then your Order is being processed. Please contact us to update your account.
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Support