Gregory W. Lester – Personality Disorders: The Challenges of the Hidden Agenda
Archive : Gregory W. Lester – Personality Disorders: The Challenges of the Hidden Agenda Digital Download
Salepage : Gregory W. Lester – Personality Disorders: The Challenges of the Hidden Agenda
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Gregory W. Lester
- 6 Hours 13 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 19, 2019
Learn the DSM-5® Personality Disorder System
- What is personality, where does it come from and where does it go?
- Attachment-the lifelong problem
- Personality pathology: genes vs. family vs. friends vs. fate
- Personality disorders
- Spectrum or category
- Discrete or complex
- Bump in the road or end of the line
- Why can’t we all just get along?
”It’s All About Me.” The Challenge of the Hidden Agenda
- The core of the personality disorder: The unchanging agenda
- A review of the DSM-5® personality disorders and their agendas:
- Criteria changes:
- Antisocial (and Psychopaths!)
- Trait Specified (PDTS) What is that?
- General Criteria for Personality Disorders
- Levels of Personality Functioning
- Personality Trait Domains
- Criteria changes:
Actually, It’s All About You
- Transference & Countertransference
- What does transference and countertransference look like in our work?
- Boundary crossings and boundary violations
- How to tell when you are headed for disaster and how to intervene
What Works and What Doesn’t With Personality Disorders
- Polypharmacy and the borderline client
- DBT, CBT and all the rest-which therapy for whom? What’s the evidence and what’s the truth
- Generic, but incredibly useful, therapy strategies for each disorder
- Are some disorders hopeless?
Nobody Gets Hurt: Violence, Suicide & Manipulation
- Self-injurious behavior
- The frustration of recurrent suicidal behavior
- Suicide risk assessment
- Keeping yourself safe
Limitations of Research and Potential Risks
Gregory W. Lester, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 9
Gregory W. Lester, Ph.D., is a clinical, consulting, and research psychologist with practices in Colorado and Texas. Dr. Lester has presented over 2,000 personality disorders trainings to over 200,000 professionals in every major city in the United States, Canada, and Australia. In his nearly 40 years of clinical practice, Dr. Lester has treated over 1,000 personality disorder cases and has performed psychological evaluations on over 2,500 individuals.
Dr. Lester has served on the graduate faculty of The University of St. Thomas and as a special consultant to The United Sates Department of Justice. Dr. Lester’s office served as one of the original research sites for the DSM-5® revision of the personality disorders section where he collaborated with Emory University, the New York State Psychiatric Group, The University of Missouri, The University of Kentucky, and the late Dr. Robert Spitzer, chairman of the DSM-3 committee.
Dr. Lester is a member of the American Psychological Association, the Texas Psychological Association, and the Colorado Psychological Association. He is the author of nine books, including Power with People, a manual of interpersonal effectiveness, Shrunken Heads, an irreverent memoir of his graduate school training, and Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management of Personality Disorders, which is the largest-selling front-line clinical manual on diagnosing, treating, and managing personality disorders.
Dr. Lester’s research and articles have appeared in publications including The Journal of the American Medical Association, The Western Journal of Medicine, The Yearbook of Family Practice, The Journal of Behavioral Therapy, The Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy, The Handbook of Depression, Transactional Analysis Journal, Living Word Magazine, The Priest Magazine, and The Houston Lawyer.
Financial: Gregory Lester is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Gregory Lester is a member of the American Psychological Association; the Colorado Psychological Association; and the Texas Psychological Association.
More from Categories : Health & Fitness