- 138 (Registered)
Dr. Ally Kingsbury | Nick Boreen – Establishing Enhanced Pharmacy Services in Minnesota Community Pharmacies
Archive : Dr. Ally Kingsbury | Nick Boreen – Establishing Enhanced Pharmacy Services in Minnesota Community Pharmacies Digital Download
Salepage : Dr. Ally Kingsbury | Nick Boreen – Establishing Enhanced Pharmacy Services in Minnesota Community Pharmacies
Delivery : Online With Any Device
This presentation will review the assessment and management of the anticoagulated patient when procedures are planned that necessitate interrupting therapy.
- List the guidelines and resources used in best practices for procedure management of the anticoagulated patient.
- Explain the process for determining patient of stopping oral anticoagulation, and if parenteral “bridge” therapy is necessary.
- Describe “bridge” therapy with injected anticoagulation during warfarin interruption, and special considerations for renal patients.
- Explain procedure management strategies with newer direct oral anticoagulants.
Alison Kingsbury, PharmD currently serves as a PGY-1 University of Minnesota Pharmacy Resident at GuidePoint Pharmacy in Brainerd, Minnesota and graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2019. Through her residency with GuidePoint pharmacy, she has been able to be involved in establishing enhanced services across the small chain by developing electronic documentation, creating technician enhanced services training, and educating pharmacists. Through enhanced services, she believes that community pharmacies can be an active member of a patient’s health care team and demonstrate how pharmacists are providers.
Nick BoreenRelated seminars and products: 1
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Nick Boreen completed his Doctor of Pharmacy Degree with a Leadership Emphasis at the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy in 2019. Since July 2019, he has worked as a pharmacist providing enhanced medication therapy management services at GuidePoint Pharmacy. Professional passions include integration of clinical services at community pharmacy level into the healthcare team.
More from Categories : Medical
If you cannot see your Curriculum then your Order is being processed. Please contact us to update your account.
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Support