EP17 Law & Ethics – What Goes Around…: Part 03 – Steven Frankel, PhD, JD, ABPP
Archive : [Audio Only] EP17 Law & Ethics – What Goes Around…: Part 03 – Steven Frankel, PhD, JD, ABPP Digital Download
Salepage : [Audio Only] EP17 Law & Ethics – What Goes Around…: Part 03 – Steven Frankel, PhD, JD, ABPP
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Topic Areas:
- Law & Ethics
- Evolution of Psychotherapy 2017 | Evolution of Psychotherapy
- A. Steven Frankel, PhD, JD, ABPP
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 2017
“What goes around….” is focused on recent and emerging developments in law and ethics that will impact clinicians of all disciplines. Starting with changes to child abuse reporting obligations, the workshop covers changes for custody evaluators, record-keeping and maintenance, emerging issues and risks regarding telehealth practice, updates on duties to inform and warn when violent behavior may occur, modifications of laws concerning “retirement” of professionals, receiving subpoenas, testifying in court, risk management for supervisors, suicide risk management, and “selected slippery slopes.”
- Identify at least three areas of practice for which legal/ethical changes have developed in the past 5-10 years.
- State the most effective strategy for maintaining clinical records of patient/client care.
- Identify two significant problems for clinicians who wish to provide telehealth services
- State two major cautions for clinicians who receive subpoenas for patient/client records.
- State the differences between three classes of witnesses in courts.
- Identify two “slippery slopes” of concern to clinician risk management.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
A. Steven Frankel, PhD, JD, ABPP Related seminars and products: 60
A. Steven Frankel PhD, JD, ABPP, is a clinical psychologist and an Attorney at Law licensed in California, and The District of Columbia. He is a Diplomate in both Clinical and Forensic Psychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology. He earned his PhD at Indiana University, and interned at the Psychiatric Institute of Columbia University.
After leaving full-time university service, Dr. Frankel entered clinical practice, with both in- and outpatient responsibilities. Beginning in 1980, his psychology practice focused increasingly on the diagnosis and treatment of post-traumatic and dissociative disorders. He began consulting relationships with trauma treatment programs of private psychiatric hospitals in 1990. In 1993, he joined with Walter and Linda Young in the opening of a unit for the treatment of traumatic and dissociative disorders at Del Amo Hospital in Torrance, CA and remained a consultant to the program until July of 2000. An ISSD member since 1990 and Fellow since 1998, he was elected President of the ISSD for 2001-02.
- Profile at The Steve Frankel Group, LLC
More from Categories : Medical