[Audio Only] CC17 Keynote 02 – The Crisis of Fidelity: Managing First Sessions – Ellyn Bader, PhD
Archive : [Audio Only] CC17 Keynote 02 – The Crisis of Fidelity: Managing First Sessions – Ellyn Bader, PhD Digital Download
Salepage : [Audio Only] CC17 Keynote 02 – The Crisis of Fidelity: Managing First Sessions – Ellyn Bader, PhD
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Topic Areas:
- Couples Conference | Couples Conference 2017
- Ellyn Bader, PhD
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Mar 31, 2017
Ellyn will present a video of a first session with a couple about to separate after a third discovered infidelity. The session, conducted by Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson focuses on illuminating how one partner’s unresolved family of origin issues create pain for both partners, contribute to infidelity and inhibit the development of the relationship. After the video presentation, Janis Spring will comment. We all learn more when we see therapeutic work discussed from multiple perspectives.
- Recognize 5 early stage treatment issues when infidelity is revealed.
- Uncover underlying unresolved trauma and demonstrate to the partners how this contributed to infidelity.
- Avoid getting pulled into the blame/shame cycle.
- Prevent the critical mistake of rushing to smooth things over too quickly.
- Elicit insight and accountability without alienating either partner.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Ellyn Bader, PhD Related seminars and products: 70
Ellyn Bader, PhD, is a founder and director of The Couples Institute in Menlo Park, California. As a clinical psychologist, workshop leader, author, and speaker, she is dedicated to helping couples create extraordinary relationships. Over the past 30 years she has trained therapists in couples therapy throughout the United States as well as Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia. She served as a Clinical Faculty in Stanford University School of Medicine for 8 years.
- Ellyn Bader at Couples Institute
More from Categories : Medical